בית לתנועה עכשווית
Zuzima – House of contemporary movement
A study & creative center located in Mitzpe Ramon, where a two-year study program, courses, performances, artist residencies and more are held throughout the year.
Our body and its senses are the primary tools for encounter with the world,for inner inquiry and for developing our creative expression.
Throughout the year Zuzima opens its doors to humane and artistic diversity, offering professional tools alongside the desert's unique raw materials - the bare earth, the movement of time and deep listening.
We believe the time of discovery is now and exploring new ways, possibilities and structures for learning, teaching and artistic creation.
First year - a contemporary movement program
The program encourages students to draw from diverse movement techniques, in order to develop body skills, spatial perception and creativity.
Classes include: Contemporary Movement, Technique to Repertoire ,Partnering, Acrodance, Improvisation and Composition, Feldenkrais and the Art of Performance. Along with the classes, there are theoretical lectures and regular presentations of
personal creation every month.
The main skills we will develop during the year:
● Strengthening muscle mass, flexibility and endurance
● skeletal work, weight and gravity
● Elaboration of the movement flow
● Dance technique - working with the body as a whole, separation of organs
and actions - integration of center and edges
● Connection of the technique to a movement sequence
● Acrobatic skill - strengthening coordination, momentum and intensity
● Orientation in space and spatial perception-
● Understanding the set of dimensions - me / partner / space and audience and
the ability to exist in awareness in all spaces simultaneously
● Creating integration between different skills, between skills and space, and
between these and creative expression - through improvisation and
● Direct experience in personal creation - experience and presentation of
personal creation on a monthly basis.
● Combining multidisciplinary skills - vocal, text and plastic work to perfect the
performative and creative range.
second year- Contemporary show – experience the work of the performer:
The program is designed for young artists looking to solidify their personal voice, expand their artistic and political perceptions, and expand their acquaintance with contemporary artists and thinkers working in the field.
The core of the program will focus on creative sessions with contemporary artists who will lead the group in creation of original ensemble shows .
During the year, the students will be invited to delve deeper into their creative work.
Share and expose materials in the format of discussion and feedback circle and develop physical and artistic skills.
At the end of the year, the participant will show-case their independent projects.
For questions and further inquiry please send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or whatsapp / call us: +972-55-8855175